The Wicks Organ Company was founded by Adolph Wick, John F. Wick, and Louis Wick in the early 1900s at their jewelry and watch making store in Highland, Illinois. The three brothers utilized their skills in watch making, cabinet making, and jewelry to construct a small, two manual and pedal, mechanical action pipe organ for their church. They incorporated as the Wicks Organ Company in 1906.
The Wicks Organ Company invented, patented, and trademarked the Direct Electric chest action. This action was created in 1916 and it is still in use today. The chest action is not affected by temperature or humidity. The Wicks opus list encompasses over 6,440 instruments installed mostly in the U.S. and some throughout the world. In January 2011, the company downsized the business but is still building new instruments today. Third-generation family member Scott Wick is running the business now and is taking care of past and future Wicks customers. The Wicks organ installed here at St. Martin’s came from the University of the Pacific, and Holy Angels Chapel, Escalon.
Learn more About Wick’s Organ LLC at their Facebook Page … or at their website — http://organ.wicks.com/